Gifts That Make An Impact
Donor Advised Fund (DAF)
Did you know you can leave Denver Zoo as a beneficiary of your Donor-Advised Fund or DAF?
You can now initiate a grant recommendation from your donor advised fund, or DAF, using the link below. Simply start typing in your fund provider name and the system will prompt you through the process.
Qualified Charitable Distribution
You can transfer funds from your IRA directly to Denver Zoo. This is an effective way to have an immediate impact and ensure our work on sustaining animal life here and around the globe continues. Here’s how it works:
- You must be 70 ½ or older.
- An individual may transfer up to a total of $100,000 per year and a married couple may give up to $200,000.
- Your gift must be transferred directly from the IRA account to Denver Zoo.
- Your gift is a transfer of funds from your IRA to Denver Zoo so it does not create taxable income for you and is not considered a charitable tax deduction.
- If you are 72 and older, the transfer of funds counts towards your annual Required Minimum Distribution from your IRA.
If you’re interested in this popular way to support Denver Zoo download a sample letter for your IRA administrator here.
Gifts of Securities
You can use stocks, bonds, and mutual funds that have appreciated in value to protect species and their habitats. You may receive a charitable income tax deduction for the full market value of the stock (up to a maximum of 30% of your adjusted gross income) and avoid paying the capital gains tax on any increase in the value of the stock. Click here to make a gift now.
Gifts of Property
A donation of cash is the most direct way to support Denver Zoo. You benefit from a charitable tax credit while you taking positive action to secure a healthy planet for both animals and humans. You can make your gift online with our Donate Now form or by sending a check or money order by mail to:
ATTN: Marianna DiVietro, Development
Denver Zoological Foundation
2300 Steele Street
Denver, CO 80205
If you’re sending a check or money order, please let us know if you would like your gift to be used for a specific purpose.